2 short day sessions
Available to practitioners who have completed Tier 2 training
Tier 3 training builds on and develops practitioner knowledge of speech, language and communication development, through the use of a formalised screening tool – the WellComm. An understanding of the observation and assessment tools available and when to use them will be provided. The training encourages and develops confident practitioners who are eager to engage parents and share information effectively with both parents and other professionals. Specific information will be provided to support practitioners in identifying children who require additional support including children who stammer. Practitioners will be supported in developing both structured and unstructured language enrichment opportunities within their setting and also to cascade what they have been learning to others in their team. Practitioners from a setting that have already acquired a WellComm tool, pay £245.
As a result of this training, practitioners should:
- be able to confidently use the WellComm screening tool to identify a child’s language level and plan the next steps of support.
- be aware of the observation and assessment tools available to them and have an understanding of when to use each.
- be able to create a communication friendly environment and know how to apply interaction strategies.
- be able to identify those in need of additional support including children who stammer.
- have an understanding on how to engage parents to support their child and know how to refer a child to the Speech and Language Therapy service.
Time to Talk ™ Tier 3
Once payment is received you will receive a confirmation email of your payment and booking.
Please refer to the venue information page for details regarding parking arrangements.
Lunch is not provided.