‘Time to Talk’™ Tier 1 Training
2 half day sessions completed 1-2 weeks apart
Available to all practitioners working within early years
This training provides practitioners with an understanding of the importance of developing excellent early speech language and communication skills in babies and young children. It explores the different aspects of speech language and communication and gives practitioners strategies to support these effectively in their settings. Practitioners will consider observation and monitoring of the development of speech language and communication and how to identify and plan for children who need additional support. Emphasis will be placed on the role of the practitioner and the environment in early speech and language development. Practitioners will receive a copy of the communication monitoring tool.
As a result of the training you will be able to:
- recognise and understand how the development of early speech, language and communication skills is dependent on the places children go and the people they spend time with.
- understand the importance of developing good early communication skills in babies and young children.
- understand what the 5 aspects of speech language and communication are.
- have some awareness of how to support each aspect of speech language and communication
- recognise the importance of observation and monitoring to inform the planning of speech and language support
- feel more confident in planning the next steps for supporting children’s speech language and communication development.
Time to Talk ™ Tier 1
Once payment is received you will receive a confirmation email of your payment and booking.
Please refer to the venue information page for details regarding parking arrangements.
Lunch is not provided.